A loft conversion entails considerable expense and if you are not careful, costs can spin out of control. Without proper planning and designing you could end up with something that does not look or feel quite right. Moreover, it will not add value to your house if the conversion is not executed properly by experts. In order to avoid disappointment, it is necessary to select the right building contractor company for the conversion.
For most house owners, or house extensions are a once-in-a-lifetime affair. You cannot do it on your own due to the complexity of tasks such as:
- Modifying existing foundation if required to provide additional columns and joists for support.
- Plumbing and drainage
- Side wall, ceiling and floor
- Painting, finishing
Each of these is a task for specialists in respective trades as they require expert knowledge and equipment. As a house owner with work commitments you will not find it practical or expedient to contract individuals for each aspect of the work. If you hire a reputable building contractor to manage the aspects of your loft conversion london, they will already have working relationships with many different tradesmen and can take a lot of the legwork out of the process.
When you select a contracting company, keep these in mind:
- Discuss the scope and extent of work, the contractor’s responsibilities and costs involved.
- An honest and trusted contracting company will be transparent and will detail every material needed and costs for each aspect of the work. This way you can be sure he will not quote a high price and then palm off shoddy goods.
- Reliable contracting companies will give you everything in writing, including a written agreement. They will give a time schedule for completion of work and will adhere to it.
- Trusted companies will give a fixed quotation after defining the scope of work in writing. No contractor of repute will ask for advance payment. The usual method is to pay for work done on a pro-rata basis.
- Check the company’s credentials and licenses. Established contracting companies will be happy to show you copies.
- A contracting company of repute will take entire responsibility of work, from planning permission to design approvals, construction, demolition, clearing debris and providing services afterwards if necessary. Discuss these and obtain everything in writing. Never trust verbal assurances.
- You can pick a company by its credentials, testimonials from clients and you could just as well pick one recommended by a friend.
A quality loft conversion company not only delivers superior results that add value to your home but also proves cost-effective even though rates may be quoted on the higher side.
For More Information Visit : All You Need to Know About Loft Conversion